Sunday, March 7, 2021

Beef Stroganoff

This dish was a snap to make, thanks to my butcher! He kindly sliced the meat for me so I didn't have to (I really don't care for handling raw meat). I was so happy I almost invited him to dinner. This got rave reviews from everyone.

Beef Stroganoff
6 TBS butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb top sirloin, cut thin into 1-inch wide by 2 1/2 long strips
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 lb sliced baby bella mushrooms
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp habenaro sauce
1 cup sour cream at room temperature
12 oz wide egg noodles, cooked

Melt 3 TBS butter and add olive oil. Brown strips of beef over medium heat on both sides, set aside (may need to do in batches). Add onions and cook until tender, set aside. Melt the remaining 3 tbs butter and cook mushrooms 5 minutes or so. Turn down heat to low and add the salt, pepper, oregano, habenaro sauce and sour cream, stir. Add the beef and onions, stir to combine. Remove from heat. Serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment